By providing detailed information about their community-based exhibition model, and a closer look at exemplars of this process, Chinn outlines strategies that Wing Luke Museum staff has undertaken in their established exhibition development model. Of particular interest is the ability of Wing Luke Museum staff to balance relationships and flexibility, and to cede authority and control while addressing challenging historical topics such as the stories of Asian Pacific American Veterans and race relations in the Pacific Northwest.
Journal list menu
Taking a more academic approach to collaborative curation, editors Viv Golding and Wayne Modest offer the Museums and Communities: Curators, Collections and Collaboration. Again using the model of a collection of essays drawn from practice, this edited volume also provides an international look at some of the challenges and complexities of conceptions of community, and a philosophical and political look at issues of power and control in these collaborative community-based practices.
- From Violence to Vision: Sacrifice in the Works of Marguerite Yourcenar;
- Black Tie Optional: A Complete Special Events Resource for Nonprofit Organizations?
- Making Histories in Museums.
- ISBN 13: 9780826479266;
- Cultural Intermarriage in Southern Appalachia: Cherokee Elements in Four Selected Novels by Lee Smith (Indigenous Peoples and Politics).
- Sexual Offending Against Children: Assessment and Treatment of Male Abusers?
Each of these books is packed with practical advice and theoretical perspectives on the kinds of collaborative, relational, and respectful practices that were discussed in abundance at that Objects Matter conference. Decolonizing Museums.
- Making Histories in Museums pdf | Museum | Curator;
- Jans Story: Love lost to the long goodbye of Alzheimers.
- The Work is Innocent.
- Hydraulic fracturing impacts and technologies : a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Making Histories Visible!
The Participatory Museum. Letting Go? This work is part of a HERA bid currently being assessed.
Download PDF Making Histories in Museums Free
Contemporary African art with a focus on conceptual art and links with classical African and visual and performative work. For more information see:.
This takes place on Thursday 13 October This event will be of interest to people curious about, or researching, postcolonial studies, the history of slavery, feminism, cultural diversity and visual arts, whether they are academic or not. Africultures Paris.
Black Atlantic Resource University of Liverpool. Terra Foundation for American Art.
International Institute of Visual Art iniva. Publisher: Oxford University Press.
Document Type: Book review. Length: words.