Welcome to Christianbook. Sign in or create an account.
Recapture the Wonder: Experiencing God's Amazing Promise of Childlike Joy
Search by title, catalog stock , author, isbn, etc. By: Ravi Zacharias. Wishlist Wishlist. Advanced Search Links. Add To Cart. Add To Cart 0.
Trade Paperback Spanish Book. Trade Paperback Book. It is difficult to ignore the bright eyes of a child. Even simple experiences, such as the scampering of a squirrel across the front lawn or the conclusion of a story they have heard dozens of times can produce the look of wonder in their eyes and hope in their hearts. Unfortunately our sense of wonder tends to diminish as we grow older and a fascination with squirrels is replaced with worries about financial security or we become convinced that every story we hear is bound to have a bad ending.
Recapture the Wonder
Ravi Zacharias has experienced both an excess of wonder and the apparent lack thereof. Thus, in Recapturing the Wonder he sets out to help us recapture the wonder, for it is in a state of wonder that the Shepherd of our souls intended for us to live. Related Products. Error rating book.
Shop by category
Refresh and try again. Recapture the Wonder Quotes Showing of They were liberated from their parents by well-paying jobs, cars, and lyrics in music that gave rise to a new term the generation gap. In the s, kids lost their authority.
- Unbiased Estimators and Their Applications: Volume 1: Univariate Case;
- Mandell, Douglas, and Bennetts Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 7th Edition: Expert Consult (Two Volume Set).
- Spoilsports: Understanding and Preventing Sexual Exploitation in Sport (Ethics and Sport)?
- Violin Sonata No. 3 - Piano Score.
It was a decade of protestchurch, state, and parents were all called into question and found wanting. Their authority was rejected, yet nothing ever replaced it.
The joy of chemistry: the amazing science of familiar things - PDF Free Download
In the s, kids lost their love. It was the decade of me-ism dominated by hyphenated words beginning with self.
- In Defence of the Terror: Liberty or Death in the French Revolution.
- The Matter of Air: Science and Art of the Ethereal.
- Thick Space: Approaches to Metropolitanism?
- Recapture the Wonder - eBook - jacnifeccadysp.cf!
- Recapture the Wonder Quotes by Ravi Zacharias.
- Of Irony and Empire: Islam, the West, and the Transcultural Invention of Africa;
Self-image, Self-esteem, Self-assertion It made for a lonely world. Kids learned everything there was to know about sex and forgot everything there was to know about love, and no one had the nerve to tell them there was a difference. In the s, kids lost their hope. Stripped of innocence, authority and love and plagued by the horror of a nuclear nightmare, large and growing numbers of this generation stopped believing in the future.
In the s kids lost their power to reason. Less and less were they taught the very basics of language, truth, and logic and they grew up with the irrationality of a postmodern world.
In the new millennium, kids woke up and found out that somewhere in the midst of all this change, they had lost their imagination. Violence and perversion entertained them till none could talk of killing innocents since none was innocent anymore.